Dear LyDenti® customers, dear patients,
There’re so many ways to get teeth whiten professionally that it might be difficult to decide for the best method.
The following treatment guide describes a typical in-office whitening treatment. This professional teeth whitening method is very effective for teeth that have been stained by smoking or coloured foods and drinks.
Before the procedure begins, the dentist should do an oral exam, examining the condition of teeth and gingiva and have a consultation with the patient. Prior to any treatment the dentist should perform a prophylaxis in order to remove all external stains.
Professional teeth whitening with LyDenti®
1. First of all, apply lip protection cream and insert a cheek retractor.
2. Fix the face protection cloth around the check retractor.
3. Record the existing tooth shade with a shade guide.
4. Dry the teeth and gums using cotton rolls or an air drying device.
5. Apply LyDenti® protective dental dam to the exposed gingival area, extend to 2-3 mm over gingival margin of the lower arch.
6. Light cure the resin barrier at a distance of 0,5 – 1 cm. Use the curing light in a circular motion for 20-30 s (approx. 2-3 s per tooth). Afterwards check the condition of the resin barrier that it is fully cured. Nevertheless avoid any unnecessarily long curing.
7. Apply LyDenti® protective dental dam to the exposed gingival area, extend to 2-3 mm over gingival margin of the upper arch. Light cure the resin barrier as described in 6.
8. Place the protective eye goggles on the patient. Remove the Whitening Gel from the packaging and attach the mixing tip to the dual barrel syringe. Apply a 1 mm layer of the Whitening Gel to the dry surface of the teeth.
9. Position the LyDenti® LED-Whitening System head at a 90° angle to the patient’s teeth that it is as close as possible. Afterwards press the START/STOP button to begin the first 12 - 15 minute cycle.
10. At the end of the first cycle the LyDenti® LED-Whitening System turns off automatically. Use dry suction or cotton rolls to remove the whitening gel. DO NOT rinse with water.
11. Apply two more times the whitening gel for a total of three, 12-15 minute treatment cycles and proceed as described in 9. and 10.
12. At the end of the last cycle, remove the gel (via suctioning or with cotton rolls), gingival protection, cheek retractor, gauze, and protective eye goggles and ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth with warm water thoroughly.
13. Record the new tooth shade. Before and after the treatment the tooth shade should be always recorded, e.g. via photos.
Enjoy your new LyDenti-Sparkling-White-Smile.